Re: Re: MAP Info

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 14:16:05 EST

>From what I understand on the PCM, it has static maps that are modified
according to the various sensor inputs. So, one could say, that indirectly,
the PCM is controlled by the sensors. Alter the sensors input/output and you
get different results. (Hehehe...proved that one by forgetting to hook up a
sensor...didn't run right.) ;)

"...the computer does not actually calculate the injector duration - instead it
looks it up in a table and then adds some correction factors. This method is
simpler and faster for the way the ECU thinks. There are two main factors the
ECU needs to know to find the base injector duration: engine load and RPM."

Man...my brain is starting to hurt again...but this is good learning and info.

$0.02

- Bernd