Re: Magnum head bolts!

From: Hemipower@aol.com
Date: Thu Nov 16 2000 - 20:49:53 EST

In a message dated 11/16/2000 4:59:15 PM EST, tendtherabbits@hotmail.com
writes:

<< >I was just putting the heads on my 5.2 magnum and got to wonder if I
should
>have used sealant on the headbolts rather then engine oil!

Unless the FSM sez use sealant you did okay.
Everything I have read or heard urges people to lightly
oil, with empathize on lightly, any bolt you
want a correct torque on. Too much oil
can hydroulize<sp> in the bolt hole
Using no oil can cause galling and seizing
that will for sure give in accurate readings.
You must also tap out each hole and
run a die on every bolt then blow clean
the bolt and hole.
Some people just use engine oil