Re: Linelock vs rear ABS

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 10:41:00 EST

I line-lock is used to prevent the vehicle from moving forward during
a "launch" at the staging lanes. It holds the pressure in the lines for the
front wheels and "locks" it until you release it (button, switch, etc.). They
are either electronic or mechanical.

This is also a great "tool" for Burn-Out contests but NOT recommended for
anything else on the street or offroad.

Value to the average daily driver: None what-so-ever.
Value to the die-hard bracket racer: Holds you inplace to be able to launch
more consistently - difference between winning and loosing

- Bernd