RE: Cubic Inches vs Liters

From: Ronald Wong (ron-wong@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 15:35:30 EST

Hi Seth,

The two are connected. It's just how people round numbers and the numbers
they use to do the conversion. If you followed this thread between Bernd
and me you can see the differences we got just by dropping insignificant
numbers at the end of pi. Then, besides that the actual conversion from
metric to inches is 61.02 but most people just use 61. On the other side of
it using metric numbers people also drop insignificant digits. The 3.9 is
actually 3.9012042 and the 5.2 is actually 5.2016056. If you want true
numbers you need to get the bore and stroke as specified by the manufacturer
and use the correct formula to get your true numbers.

Ron
00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
For modifications see my DML Profile