Tranny and Differential Questions

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Fri Nov 17 2000 - 16:23:05 EST

My Dak is a 1999 4x4 5.2. I was wondering how to tell what transmission and
differentials I have in it. There is a sticker in the glove box that has:
DGB Transmission-4-Speed A
DGW Transmission-Automatic
DHA Torque Converter-Lock
DHK Transfer Case-Shift-On-T
DJL Front Axle-3400#
DMD Axle Ratio-3.55
DRA Rear Axle-Chrysler 8.2 (the tags on the differential say "1909" and
"35")
I know that this tells me that the Tranny is an auto. Which one 42RE, 44RE,
or 46RE?
It also says on my window sticker that the differential is an 8.25" "unless
replaced by optional equipment". Is this ever upgraded with the other
packages such as HD service group, 4x4, or trailer towing package? Is it
just a matter of measuring the "pumpkin" and if so do you measure the cover
or what?
I found that Mancini racing has the mopar chrome differential covers. Would
the front cover be a standard Dodge 8.25" or 9.25" cover or is it something
different?
Any help would be cool!