Re: This is neat - Hi-Po Water Injection

From: Jim Miller (jim76712@swbell.net)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 12:16:49 EST

I remember seeing this kind of thing in the JC Whitney catalogs when i
was in high school in the mid 60s. About the same time tha toilet paper
was being used for oil filters. They can be a pain to keep filled in the
summer but do some good at reducing detonation. You just have to
realize they cause a small vacuum loss but not very much. BTW something
kind of like this only using alcohol I think was used on an early Olds
F85 turbocharged car in the early 60s. Our Olds expert should be able
to confirm this.