Ping/Clatter update!

From: Wes Weems (wweems@fix.net)
Date: Sat Nov 18 2000 - 23:06:16 EST

Well.... after bout 4 hours of work (1 hour trying to figure out how to get
a 36mm wrench into th fan thing, and prevent the waterpump pulley from
turning) I swapped out my timing chain, and can I say, WOW!?

It appears that it fixed the clatter all together, which is weird, because
though the chain was looser than I would feel confortable, it wasnt hitting
the cover or anything. Anyway, quite a considerable diff, in perfomance as
well. It still pings... which is not that big of a concern of mine... I will
have to figure out whats up with that =) I am just excited I can spin the
tires going into 2nd (hey, I only got a v6, and 31" tires... so thats good!)

Wes