Project 1HIDAK first off-road test

From: DML Newsgroup (Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 11:26:49 EST

Last night while cruising around with the Dakota for the first time in
months, I decided to take the truck for an unplanned, midnight wheeling trip
with a few guys I ran into on the pike. It all started at the coffee shop
with them busting my balls because I haven't had the truck out since
finishing the suspension lift. After a little while of them crushing my
stones, we pulled off the highway and started up a trail that runs along the
power lines. I wanted to see how well the beadlocks work so I made a quick
stop to air the tires down to 5 lbs. and then proceeded to head down the
hardest trails I could find with the intention of getting the truck stuck.
All I can say is "HOLY S**T, This thing is a TANK!" The new gears, locker,
rims and tires make the truck go like it's got tracks. I was the only one
who didn't get stuck and I went through a number of spots I have never made
it through before. The only damage was I got caught up on a rock and bent
one of the torsion bar rear tabs back and smashed one the the 4 lights on
the lightbar on a tree branch. I hammered the tab back this morning and
replaced the lens with a spare from one of my old lights. Took me 2 hours
and $25 at the car wash to hose the mud off the truck this morning.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM