Dyno Pull (John Neff)

From: Grady Ogburn (jgo@uswest.net)
Date: Sun Nov 19 2000 - 17:06:48 EST

John-

You might want to ask Bruce whether his MAP restrictor-doohickie applies in
your case. I wonder about a 52mm bore, though, for a coupla reasons:

1. I think you might be up against a wall, there, with your stock casting.
I read something about there being a distinct lack of metal if you try and
open up the bores too much.

2. Even on the billet TB, where 52mm is definitely achievable without
thinning the walls, the F&B is 50mm. Velocity of the air column is part of
the equation, too. Open up the bores and you'll slow the air down. Unless
you're TB is a major bottleneck now, and your engine is starved for air to
the point where it could maintain current air velocity even if the bores
were bigger, I think that'd do more harm than good.

Bottom line, you need to talk to a few people with more TB experience than
me.

Grady Ogburn
'98 Sport CC 4x4
5.2l, 5 Speed