Re: RE: Erratic idle after WOT

From: DICEMAN469@aol.com
Date: Mon Nov 20 2000 - 09:19:32 EST

In a message dated 11/20/00 9:12:42 AM Eastern Standard Time, bernd@texas.net
writes:

> So it's just a plain old 360??
>
> Have you taken a can of carb-cleaner and sprayed round all the gasket
mating
> surfaces (while the engine is running) to check for any slight vacuum leak?
>
> (I thought you said that you had access to a scanner a while back?)

Well, a plain old 360 with forged pistons, the double roller timing chain and
a beefed-up valvetrain. My strategy was to rely on the blower for the power,
this way under normal throttle I'd have decent gas mileage. And the strategy
paid off...I actually get better mileage with the 360 than I did with the V6!
    As for the vacuum leak, I'll give it a try, but like I said it only
happens after a WOT run. I would believe a vacuum leak would be a little more
unpredictable, and I'd have an oscillating idle instead of a dead-even high
one.

 -Austin
Vipertruck - "The Anti-Rice"
Supercharged 6.0 V8