Re: Re: cold weather tranny woes....

From: mike kulczycki (dakota1994@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 04:29:26 EST

kyle,
that's what i think i am going to do first. find a reputable place that
does complete transmission flush and refill along with new filter. when i
first bought it i didn't know any better, i wasn't nearly as knowledgable as
i am now. and when 60000 miles hit i was going to do it myself. well you
know how that goes... it didn't happen. so now here i am at 89000 miles
with original atf.... stupid me... i heard the same type of thing about
changine old atf. well hopefully a complete tranny flush will help. or my
tranny will finally go... if that happens i may try and rebuild it myself.
  i have been talking with will, the paxton, stroker V8 guy and he rebuilt
his own. i maybe looking for a beater car to drive in the meantime then....
   we'll see... if i do rebuild i will be building for the future, a
stought tranny for the V8 swap in the future... thanks for the advice...
mike k
94 V6, cc, slt, auto, stuff...