Re: Trans Question

From: Bob Tom (tigers@bserv.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 08:23:45 EST

At 11:10 PM 11/20/00 -0500, you wrote:
>I've been talking to Trans GO over the past few days about my WOT
>shifting...It seems they think I am at the point of having too much
>HP for the tranny and I am above the Friction Point or sumthing of
>the metals (cant remember exactly) or my Gov. Solonoid is bad,
>along with the transducer, or sumthing...
>Was the Gov. a problem in the 97's? It started doing this when I hit 13s...
>I am wondering if it is because I finally just broke the Gov thing (56k
>miles now) and it is due for replacement, or what...
>I have to get some pressure readings for the techs... so... just
>curious...

Mopar Now says that the governor pressure sensor was a known problem
(first I heard that from anywhere?) on our trannies.

I recently did line and governor pressure solenoid tests on the tranny.
Line pressure was aok but gov. pressure soleniod was not. I'm going
to replace both gov. pressure solenoid and sensor but will not know
this will fix my upshift problems at WOT (I also have the TransGo)
until I get to the track next year as problem occurs at 5000 and above
rpm shifts.

Bob. Burlington, Ont., Canada.
'97 Dakota CC, 5.2L, 4x2, 3.92 SG, auto., 4265 lb.
Dyno: 231.2 rwhp 340.0 lb-ft rw torque
PB: 14.737 @ 91.75 9.364 @ 72.95