RE: Rear window

From: Woodruff, Jason P (Jason.Woodruff@West.Boeing.com)
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 14:23:07 EST

Thanks Ron,
        I'm in HB so it's not that far. I'll look into these.

Jay W

>From: "Ronald Wong" <ron-wong@home.com>
>Subject: DML: RE: Rear window
>
>My QC has a rear slider but it's darkened glass. If it came from the
>factory it's glass, not tint. I agree with you. Glass is better, but
don't
>go through the dealer. Go through a place that only does auto glass. They
>have the best glass and install it better, no leaks. Matter of fact, I
>believe most dealers farm the jobs out to a glass company anyway. I don't
>know where you are, Jason, but I know you're close. Lot of places in
Irvine
>like Safelite, All Star, Addison, just to name a few.
>
>HTH,
>Ron
>00 SLT QC 4X2 5.9 46RE 3.92 LSD
>For modifications see my DML Profile

Good point, I didn't think of that. But I still think I prefer the dark
glass. They won't bubble, scratch etc.

Jay W

>Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:49:55 -0700
>From: Marty Galyean <mgalyean@acm.org>
>Subject: Re: DML: RE: Rear window
>
>Glass looks nicer, but be aware that most factory glass absorbs heat more
than regular or tinted glass then radiates it into the truck. >Tint
reflects heat. This is only a serious concern in a hot