RE: Pings Revisited

From: xjruss@excite.com
Date: Tue Nov 21 2000 - 21:37:45 EST

I installed headers on my '99 Dak (5.2) and it dramatically decreased the
pinging, still not completely cured though. I haven't tried a 180 t-stat
yet.

Russ Borman

>I dont know what to do next!! I did the belly pan, not a drop of oil >in
the bottom, so its clean as a whistle, I run up to 92 octane, and >I
rerouted the plug wires... but still have pinging... un noticeable
>unless you have the window down... but thats quite often for me. Any
>more ideas? (oh yeah, and I am running 3923 autolites!)

>Dropping down to a 180 degree thermostat may help. (It cured my >pinging
problem when I switched to the MP computer on my '96 318.)
>Also, exhaust headers can help to reduce pinging by drawing heat
>out of the heads. (I'd try the t-stat first though, seeing as how >its 100
times less expensive.) ;-)

                     - --

Tired of slow Internet? Get @Home Broadband Internet
http://www.home.com/xinbox/signup.html