New Truck Update!

From: Casey Aldridge (caldridge@uswest.net)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2000 - 00:20:22 EST

Ok guys...well...my journey into unchartered territory has ended. Two
weekends ago I drove a brand spanking new
2001 RC flame red R/T. I loved it...scared the piss outta the sales guy...we
said to step on it..heheh. Anywho..after lighting
the tires and going for a short joy ride..I decided to buy a new R/T. BUT
here is the kicker...my friend was going to by my '97
but can't get a loan to buy it...so....im stuck....there is no way a dealer
is going to give me enough to cover the payoff
on my truck...and all they probably could care less about all the mods I
have. So...i've decided to hang onto the sixer and make it
faster..and generally better all around. I will go faster than my friend
and his 96 ford slowstang. The blower dak is getting the whole
money treatment...in goes a 4.10 limited slip rear end in a week....then a
9# s/c'er pulley for the blower....and a custom flashed pcm, shorty
headers...new Y pipe, and the full Hotchkis suspension setup. Maybe i'll
even shoot a 75 shot of the jiuce for the track.
The goal as it stands is to run at least a mid 14 pass and be able to out
handle a miata...(my boss has one..thinks he's micheal schumacher or
something)and generally just look totally bitchin. Maybe a ghost flame job
is in order..I know the interior is going to be gone through.
That brings up a good question...do you guys think that a '01 dash will fit
nicely into a '97...if not...that about just the gauge pod..cause thats what
i really want. And if that doesnt work...will a 99 or 00 work...cause im
tired of LCD displays..I want a LED read out for my mileage. Anywho...talk
to ya later...

Casey Aldridge
Tempe, AZ
97 RC V6 3.55 Auto one tire fire
Ported TB, Electric fan
180* t-stat, Autolite 3923's
Powerdyne 6 psi blower
Flowmaster single 3" in/out 40 series DF
Body color dash bezel, Dodge tonnue cover
R/T rims on BFG Comp T/A ZR4 255/50ZR17's
Kenwood cd player, Fosgate Amp/12" Punch XLC
16.311 @ 84.99, 4000lb w/ driver