Re:Quad Cab Questions, 5 speed tranny fluid?

From: George S Willhite (gswillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Mon Nov 27 2000 - 16:19:36 EST

I'll chime in on this one. The NV-3500 seems to be getting a
bad rep from clutch dumps and 4.7s that have *engine*
idle problems. You can't shock a STOCK manual drivetrain over
and over with 3000 rpm dumps and expect it to hold up very long.
common sense. Granted its not a perfect manual transmission by any
means. Sure the NVG-3500 is a little chunky, but slap some good Redline
MTL synthetic in there and it will improve considerably. BTW, I'm not
convinced that the synchromesh Penziol /Mopar fluid is synthetic. I'll
need some proof.

Just gotta say the quarter mile is not always where the action is at.
I feel for you guys that have never *driven* a manual V6/V8 performance
vehicle around some mountain roads. Gearing down and listening to that
engine wine and anticipating the next corner or curve at several "Gs" is
almost indescribable, like driving the Grand Prix. Sorry, autos are a poor
substitute here. When I'm old and white headed maybe I'll buy an auto
and shift on the column, but not now.

GS -

>>Why in the world,would anyone want a 5-spd,much less a manual tranny?
I dont even know how to drive one (Thank God)<<