Great story for 90 dak owners

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 14:37:44 EST

Helped my dad out at his shop this past Saturday. A guy came in with a
starter he needed to replace. I asked him what it was off of. He said it
was from his 90 dakota V6 2wd. He said it was only the 2nd time he has had
to replace it. So, I had to ask how many miles the truck had on it. He
says, 226,000 miles. Then he comments, "bought it new and haven't had to do
any major repairs...just regular maintenance stuff." Due to my timing chain
woes, I ask if he had replaced his. He said, "yeah, I replaced it at
215,000 just because it had never been done, but I could barely tell any
difference between it and the new one." His only complaint was the fact
that he had to replace the valve cover gaskets about 3 times.
--Aaron--
95 DSRC 4x4 V6
www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95