Re: Re:was 5-spds,now dealer service/5-spds

From: Will Coughlin (willcoughlin@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 16:16:49 EST

Thanks for all your help,George.Yeah, Scott's a great guy and has helped me
and my friend out on so many things.I will probably get the tranny replaced
over christmas break,if they can get one in.The last one I helped them do,
it took over 2 months just for the tranny to show up.I am not going to pull
it apart until I have another one ready to go.I will leave the mopar fluid
in it and probably not even bother changing it at 10K, like I had planned.I
will fill the new one with mopar lube and will run it until I have a
problem.Geez, it used to be if you went to buy a truck,you got an automatic
for convenience or laziness purposes,knowing that it would almost never
outlast the motor and would have to be rebuilt.You got a manual if you
wanted a real pulling truck and knew that unless you burnt up the clutch,you
wouldn't ever have transmission problems.Times have changed! Today's
automatics are better and more reliable than ever, and manual transmissions
aren't built like they used to be.
Will Coughlin willcoughlin@hotmail.com
'00 reg.cab,2wd,4.7L/hd5-spd/3.92sg(9.25")
1ST place Dakota-truck at 11th annual Houston Mopar show and race/National
DML meet!!