Re: Re: Hoosiers and 15x8's for sale

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue Nov 28 2000 - 17:02:45 EST

I'm not sure if an 8 3/4 will survive clutch dumps in a 13 sec 3700lb
vehicle. I've seen a lot of broken 8 3/4's in small block 4 speed stock
eliminator cars. Bulletproof in an automatic unless you have a transbrake.

I would actually consider calling up somebody like Randy's or Currie's and
looking into a Ferd 9" race unit. Depending on where you're getting the 9
1/4 it could be cost effective and it will survive what you're doing
(assuming you get a properly built one).

I have a friend with an 8 second Camero that runs a Chrysler A999 auto in a
jeep case with a Ford 9" diff. Whatever works!

-STE