Should know something on my truck tomorrow...

From: Steve Preston (steve318@webtv.net)
Date: Wed Nov 29 2000 - 20:43:10 EST

Well,the dealer tech took the co-pilot off my Dak on Monday evening.He
said he had to download the thing and send it to Michigan,and they`d let
me know in a couple days.It`s been a couple days.So it`s time for me to
do some checking-up.If they tell me ANYTHING similar to, "The co-pilot
recorded no abnormal condition",then I might have to lose my
personality.A buddy of mine is suspecting the torque converter as the
cause of the sagging in power,but I don`t know.Due to my other
(hopefully related) symptoms,such as erratic idle,occasional smelly
exhaust,and the fact that I cannot make the engine hold a steady
1000-1800 rpm(fluctuates a LOT),I tend to suspect that it is not the
torque converter.However,the tranny fluid does look a little
strange.Looks like there is a little grit in there.Maybe that`s
normal.Probably becoming paranoid at this stage. Steve P.