Synthetic Conversion Questions and other stuff

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Tue Nov 14 2000 - 12:20:54 EST

I am planning on changing out all my fluids to synthetic. For those of you
with the Factory Service Manuals could you assist me in capacities and
requirements? I think I can do it all but the transmission, in that case I
have to find a shop that will install Amsoil.(the only one who makes ATF+3
synthetic that I found)
Any other recommendations on brands?
I need the following capacities:
Front Differential
Rear Differential
Transfer Case
Transmission

My truck is a 1999, SLT, CC, 4x4, Auto, HD service group, and trailer tow
package. Is there a way to tell what transmission, transfer case, and
differential I have from the vin or do I have to look on the truck
somewhere? (vin# 1B7-GG22Y2XS-103556)
I would also like to know if any one knows where I could get Chrome
Differential covers for the front and rear.
Thanks for all your help!