Re: No Heat Help!

From: Mike Crumley (mcrumley@airmail.net)
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 12:12:07 EST

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:49:35 -0800, yllwdkta@insight.rr.com
("yllwdkta") wrote:

>Well try this again...maybe more will respond when the subject is spelled
>right!
>
>I have no heat when I put defroster on. I can only get heat on vent but
>only when I am moving. Is this the blower or something else. Where is the
>fuse that controls the blower. I looked at the archives but not sure if
>this is the same problem as the others. please help!

Your description sounds like the blower is not working, but...can't
you tell whether it's working or not?? Turn the key to the on position
(don't start the motor, just turn the key to "on"). With the vent/ac
selector turned to any position except "off" turn the fan control to
high. If the fan is working you'll know it. Don't know which fuse is
for the fan (sorry) but is your truck still in warranty? Taking it to
the dealer might be a giant PITA for a blown fuse (if that's what it
is), but a blown fuse is merely a symptom. You need to find out *why*
the fuse blew in the first place.

97 V6 Auto
e-mail mcrumley@airmail.net

Today I will gladly share my experience and advice...
for there are no sweeter words than "I told you so."