Re: Re: MAP & TPS Signals (long)

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Thu Nov 30 2000 - 13:50:30 EST

To keep this post somewhat short (whew!)...

The 30.8" is what two different MAP sensors (original and a brand new one) were
registering on my truck under boost. That's not where it should be for boost
conditions...more like 1-2" on a 1-BAR MAP.

As for the lean condition (pinging)...we had seen 15.7-16.2:1 on an A/F meter
on the local Dyno. That's under part-3/4 throttle. Under WOT, it went down to
about 13.8 but creeped up back to 14.7-15.0 after 3800rpm...in 4th gear at
WOT! (You can blame Dodge for that one...4th gear forces the computer to try
to get back into Closed-Loop.)

Will it help...sure will. I've hooked up a bread-board version of the system
on my truck already and it's much "peppier" under WOT now. Since i'm tricking
the computer by changing the MAP signal to something more "normal" (1-3"hg
instead of 30.8"), it's keeping the fuel at a more useable level (richer).
I've also had to swap out my FMU plate back down to the 10:1 since this mod...I
was running the 12:1 to compensate for the 9# pulley.

I'm going to be setting up some extensive dyno time in the next few weeks to
really get this thing down. In the mean time, i'm using out lab at work to
check all the POTS on the box and recording all of the voltage ranges that they
can adjust to (marking them on the board as well). The nice thing about the
lab is that we can simulate the driving conditions with our programs to be able
to test different TPS and MAP signals. (And...the actual schematics and the
bread-board box have been verified on a Computer Simulation Program and it's
running without any problems.)

- Bernd