SoCal AutoX on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!!

From: Steven T. Ekstrand (cyberlaw@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Dec 01 2000 - 18:49:44 EST

With all do apologies to the dearly departed Steve Evans....
"SoCal AutoX on SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY!!!! BE THERE!!!!"

The Cal Club is having it's second to the last autox of the year on Sunday
December 3rd. Its at Hollywood Park.

Check out www.solo2.com for more info. Look under the events tab.

On December 17th the event will be at California Speedway and promises to
be a really LONG and FAST course. The longest course we've done this year
was about 1.1 miles. The board says the 17th at the speedway is going to
be the longest course by far. Thats a lot of conesmashing opportunities.

December 3rd is at Hollywood Park. The corner of the lot we use is across
the street from the old Forum. We use the farthest north entrance on
Prairie.

Things are going off a 1/2 hr earlier than normal because of the reduced
daylight. Tech opens at 7:30am and you can walk the course from 7:30 to
8:15. The first car out is at 8:30am. The truck drivers will have to work
this first run group so we'll get to see the course a little before
driving. Then we have off the second run group and then we run in the
third run group.

Each run group lasts a little more than an hour on average.

Stacey and I will be there. I'm trying to talk her into running her
Intrepid in STK2 instead of HS so I can watch her. I have to leave to
teach a review session Sunday afternoon, its finals next week.

Let me know if you have questions. I usually get there via the 105 Prarie
exit and go straight up prarie, past the normal horseracing entrances to
the last gate on prarie before the Forum. Be sure you fill your front
tires up with extra air. Usually the maximum pressure listed on the tire
is a starting point, but most put in more. I run 55lbs front and 28lbs
rear. My 305-50-15 Euro T/A's have 50lbs listed as max pressure.

-Steve Ekstrand