New 4.7L oil pressure question

From: Jack Brown (jbrown@oz.net)
Date: Sat Dec 02 2000 - 13:41:35 EST

Was driving the new truck around last night and noticed the oil pressure
gauge. When I start the truck, the oil pressure needle will end up right on
the line between the normal and high pressure areas on the gauge.

After a few minutes of driving, it will, most of the time, sink back to the
middle of the normal range. Occasionally, it will rise back up to where it
started.

I checked the oil after it sat all night. The level is right at the top of
the "safe" range on the dip stick. I also examined the oil on the dipstick.
It's clear and clean.

The motor has 62 miles on it so far. Is this a problem or just a symptom of
breaking in?

Thanks.

--
jbrown@oz.net - www.oz.net/~jbrown