RE: Thermostat housing coolant leaks

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 08:31:36 EST

So explain the "Gorilla Snot" that I had to clean up around both the housing
and block on my '97, and on a '98 and '99 5.2 and 5.9L??? That wasn't "dry
installed" and it wasn't a self-sealing gasket either.

I used to be an ASE-Certified Tech myself and that's the way it was done
since I can remember.

- Bernd