Re: Slightly Off Sub\Dakota drivetrain Stress Scale?

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 19:49:23 EST

Bawaahaa haa haa!! This thread rules!!!!!!!!
Ok, I'd say you'd have to factor in I'm using a Hoosier slick that is as
Sticky as Pine Sap. No tire spin, with a 3500 rpm clutch dump, and please
note this was about the 60th dump of the clutch @ the strip with the
Hoosiers!! I've driven a few late model F-bodies that couldn't pull the 60'
mark in under 1.90 like this thing did, however it does fall behind to those
guys after the 1/8 mile mark. Anyway, I'd say atleast an B4, reason being, I
knew I was on the brink of destruction, but was having one helluva good time
getting there. B5 would be knowing it would break, but being in denial
about it, dumping above 4000 rpms, and cringe !!!. hee hee!!
BTW, highest I ever launched was 4000 rpms and the truck spun bad, even on
the slicks that time, thank God, cause if the shrapnel from the clutch/rear
didn't kill me, the truck wheel standing and turning over would have!! Bawa
haa haaa!!!!

Now, without slicks, a B4-B5 dump would:
a. Cause enough tire smoke to Black out a large Metro area OR
b. Cause enough wheel hop to trigger a 7.0 earthquake, and wipe out 3 third
world countries!!!

Matt Y2K-HEMI
'00 RC 4.7L 5 spd
Destroyed 9.25"