rust

From: Michael Vetere (antonio@montana.com)
Date: Mon Dec 04 2000 - 23:24:00 EST

hi all,
i have a quick question.
i recently (2 months)replaced the steering, suspension. and drivetrain
components on
the front end of my dak. the other day I inspected everything to make
sure
nothing was coming loose. I noticed that at least one of my NEW tierod
ends
has some surface rust on it as well as one of the NEW cv axleshafts. the
original
tierod ends had no visible rust as well as the original axleshafts. the
truck is 12 this
year. i cant understand why the original parts showed no apparent rust
after
12 years but the 2 month old parts do already. is this going to be a
problem?
should I look into replacing these parts. i believe they are under some
kind
of warranty.

mike
88 dodge dakota sport 4x4