R/T & maybe others roll free?

From: WPG (wpgottes@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Tue Dec 05 2000 - 21:41:16 EST

Okay I have a question. I have noticed since the day I got my R/T that it
doesn't seem to roll as freely as my old 93 V6 did. I have noticed this in
parking lots where it doesn't seem to carry as much speed off of the brake
and throttle as my old truck. And I have noticed this leaving my garage. I
start up in the mornings and back out rather soon but put the truck in
neutral as soon as I clear the garage door and coast down my drive. I do
this to keep from waking our son since his bedroom is right next to the
garage. Anyhow, my drive is about 30 feet of 10 to 15 degree slope pavement
then about 70 feet of rock. My truck makes it about half way down the rock
before it stops. A even more drastic comparison was made the other morning
when I left in this manner in my wife's Maxima it cleared the entire drive
and was in the street before I hit the brakes to stop. SO.. Is this
something weird about my truck or is this just some of the drivetrain
inefficiency that robs us of so much of crankshaft torque and HP?

Thanks,

Paul Gottes