RE: Re: First ouch. !@#$%^&*(*&^%!!!!!!!!!!!!

From: Sam Parthemer (srp@home.com)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 00:41:13 EST

ED, MAKE SURE the people that are going to do the repair use a VACCUUM
INJECTION EPOXY, that cures with a UV light. The reason?? I recently had a
repair done and all the bone head did was poor some superglue type epoxy on
the split, stick some tape on it, and 5 minutes later scrape off the excess.
The crack can still be seen, though 50% of what it was, and cannot be
repaired again.

I used a different company on my '99 RT a year ago, and they did the
following: Drilled into the center of the crack/moon, cleaned with alcohol,
then compressed air. Then applied a suction cup to the crack, and used a
vaccum pump to pull out all of the air in the crack, then applied the UV
epoxy through the suction cup--- the vaccuum drew the epoxy completely into
the crack, then they used a UV light for 1 minute to cure the epoxy.
Trimmed with a razor blade, the crack was 99.99% gone (only a small 'hair'
mark could be seen from 1 angle, and nothing from the rest).

Sam '00 RT