Re: Re: 9.25 rear assembly ordered from Mopar..

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 19:34:27 EST

Chris, No, I did'nt have a driveshaft loop, by IHRA/NHRA rule you don't need
one until you are in the 12's or 13's, not sure which, but 14's are ok by
rule.
Now, Driveshaft loops are not a bad idea if your going to race regularly W/
slicks, I had given thought to one, but never did it, I can't imagine it
could void any warranty?? It has no effect on the drivetrain, or
suspension??? If a driveshaft/ ujoint were to give out on our trucks, it
would probably be at the starting line under a severe load (clutch dump) and
with slicks. Street tires are'nt going to hold enough load to worry about a
driveshaft problem. On a positive note, I have been 14.8's on radials, and
with my present mods could probably go 14.5's pretty easy. I've seen Carson
Henderson (RC 4.7L 5spd) go 14.7's bone stock, so you can go quick without
slicks!!
As long as you stay on street tires, you'll probably never have a drivetrain
problem (NA an no NOS).

Matt Y2K-HEMI

In a message dated 12/06/2000 7:19:29 PM Eastern Standard Time,