Re: TB or not TB, that is the congestion

From: Jon Smith (jon@fast4x4.net)
Date: Wed Dec 06 2000 - 21:30:42 EST

check the fuel pressure? I'd suspect the fuel pump...
_______________________
   Jon Smith--Raleigh, NC
        jon@fast4x4.net
       www.fast4x4.net
'95 Dakota 4x4 318 CC auto

OK, had to get that smart-@ss subject out of me. OK, question, my friends
97
Dakota was acting up again. The usual crank it up and listen to it sputter
and die almost immediately. Didn't matter if it was cold (sat over night)
or
just driven over to my house and warm. It would rev up momentarily and die.
Tried the cheap way first, injection cleaner. I won't mention brands since
everyone prefers their own type, but the brand we used is dang good. No
help, once it turned cold again, same situation, crank and die. We then
pulled the tb and cleaned it good, checked the IAC motor and cleaned that
passage way as well. Same thing. All this while no codes were being
stored.
 Just to rule out possibilities, we disconnected the MSD, took out the Jet
stage II chip and reinstalled the factory air box. This reset the comp and
it worked good for about 3 hours. The battery has 1150 cranking amps (not
cold cranking amps), so we know it is good. We checked voltages while it
did
this, no change, constant 14.1 volts. We have already replaced the
crankshaft position sensor since an ohm meter read a little too high for us
(that and we were wanting something to work!!). The only weird thing is the
5 volt supply to the comp, when plugged in we get 5.1 volts, when unplugged
we only get 2.81 volts at the terminal in the plug, is this normal?? One
other thing, he says he has noticed that it usually acts up it might have
less than 3/8 of a tank of gas. Is it easier to yank the bed off or is it
easier to drop the tank and drain it? We want to see what is in it. Thanks

Will
96 Paxton huffed 408 Dakota
Look out Lightnings! Here comes a MOPAR!!!