Update on MAP Adjuster Project

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 23:50:41 EST

Well, we have the PCB Layout and Routing finished for the standard box (MAP
vs. TPS adjustment) and am working on the intermediate adjustment circuit
layout. The Routing for those who don't know what this is...it's simply
allowing the computer software to find the best (and least "noisy") routing
of the circuit traces. I've got two breadboard boxes finished but need to
run them through the lab first and set the preliminary calibrations on the
pots. I also have to write up some instructions for the installation and
then some pot adjustment settings. Future boxes will be custom made board
with all the traces in place for ease of soldering. (Currently using wire.)

For those who received the initial schematics...forget them. We had to
change one circuit around and swap out a few resistors and caps to be less
"noisy".

Future plans are for a 12V to 5V Voltage Regulator to be able to just tap
off of a 12V line instead of a 5V line. I also need to find the right
combination of weather proof connectors but a simple splice job works fine
for now.

I'll tell you what...it's turning out to be more of a production rather than
a simple weekend project. Bruce, Frank H, Jules, I feel your pain now.
@#$! this is taking up a lot of my personal time. ;)

(In case anyone wants to know...the Circuit Design, Layout, and Routing
Software used is "Allegro" and "Specctra" from Cadence Design Systems.)

I'll keep those who will be doing the testing of these boxes informed when
i'm ready to ship them.

Regards,

- Bernd