Re: Plug wires

From: Jason Bleazard (drazaelb@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 19:38:29 EST

I just got a set of MSD wires for my V6 from Summit. $59. I
recommend these wires highly. I've heard that Magnecor are the best
wires you can buy, but they're expensive.

Make sure to get part number 32189. It's for the V8, but it works
just as well. I've heard that MSD now has an application for the V6,
but last time I looked on Summit's web site, the V6 set was more
expensive than the V8 set and listed as unavailable.

When I talked to them, I didn't give them the specific part number,
just described the truck. They gave me the wrong wires. The box said
they were for Chrysler 318 / 340 / 360, but they wouldn't have worked
on the Magnum engine. Had to send them back for the correct wires.

Also, if you care about appearance, you'll probably want to get some
larger wire separators. The MSDs squeeze in to the stock wire clips,
but it's pretty tight, and they could pop out. I just put some zip
ties around mine and called it good.

On Fri, 08 Dec 2000 17:54:59 , adakota4x4@hotmail.com ("A. S.") wrote:

>Thanks Tim (and Ron), I might have to give them a try after using the borg
>warners for a while. How much should I expect to pay for a set for my V6?
>--Aaron--
>95 DSRC 4x4 V6
>www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95
>

>>From: "Tim Berry" <coolva1@home.com>
>>To: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net>
>>Subject: Re: DML: Re: Plug wires
>>Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2000 12:25:58 -0500
>>
>>Well... they seem to last alot longer, and the current drops are the lowest
>>of any wire per foot with the MSD... trust me.. I'm sure over 1/2 of the
>>list will tell you to get these... (that will reply) I think they are just
>>over all a better wire...
>>*-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
>>Tim Berry (97 Dakota Club Cab)
>>Chesapeake, VA
>>Best 1/4: 13.50@101.91
>>*-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-*
>> > Tim,
>> > Just curious about this...what advantage comes from the bigger wires.
>> > know the borg warner wires I just put on were 7mm? What would I gain by
>> > going to the 8.5mm? I'm assuming more current, but what would that give
>>me?
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> > --Aaron--
>> > 95 DSRC 4x4 V6
>> > www.geocities.com/adakota4x4_95/

Linux: Because a 486 is a terrible thing to waste.
Jason Bleazard http://www.bleazard.net Toronto, Ontario
his: '95 Dakota Sport 4x4, 239 V6, 5spd, Reg. Cab, white
hers: '98 Dakota Sport 4x4, 318 V8, Auto, Club Cab, black