Re: 4.7 V8 swap into Gen II

From: Gmblows@aol.com
Date: Fri Dec 08 2000 - 22:52:46 EST

If you wait a little longer, and save a little more. You could find yourself
swapping in the new 5.7L Hemi. Don't know what manual tranny they will
put behind it though.

<< Any engine swap I do will be me getting carried away with fixing my truck
;) I just
 crossed 190K the other day. Body and frame are in good shape being a
southern truck, but

 the driveline is starting to need work. So the engine wouldn't be swapped
in for
 hardcore racing or towing, but general drivability.

 As for the NV3500, I am probably going to upgrade to that when my current
tran goes
 south. I like a stick, and I think I would enjoy the V8 more when I can
tell it when to
 shift :)

 Hopefully when the time comes, I can find a wrecked newer Dak and jsut swap
stuff out.

 Mike S.