Re: My dakota POS! -Long

From: steve preston (steve239dak@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 09 2000 - 21:18:57 EST

Yeah,my S10 had that stuff in it.Maybe what you are
referring to as far as not being able to use Dexcool
in a regular ethylene glycol system is what I read
here recently.I had considered using that stuff in my
Dak in the future,because it is supposedly
"maintenance free",but that does not appear to be
possible in our Daks. Steve P. Tom
<SilverEightynine@aol.com> wrote:
> I'm not up to date on that new coolant. But I
> believe its used in the new
> Chevy trucks. Somewhere I heard that you are not
> supposed to use the new
> formula coolant in the regular (green coolant)
> systems. If that was in
> fact the new formula... I agree with steve... its
> more than likely the
> cause of the parts failure. However, like others
> have stated, watch the
> dealer with an eagle eye. I always view the dealer
> as the mortal enemy!
>
> "Bernd D. Ratsch" wrote:
>
> > What? The Rust??
> >
> > Coolant "color" doesn't haven anything to do with
> it.
> >
> > - Bernd

=====
1999 Dakota Sport 3.9V6,4x4,3.92 Anti-spin,42RE auto,Intense Blue,regular cab.