Re: 318 Pinging

From: Mike's Dakota (mikesdakota@home.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 12:47:24 EST

I changed the plugs to the 3924's, installed a new brass cap and rooter, and
new MSD 8.5" plug wires (rerouting), and 180 thermostat. Still pinged, took
it to the dealer, they gave me many different "suggestions", all of which
really seem to be "BS". Among the "suggestions", answers and responses
were:
1. Run higher octane gas
2. Run lower octane gas
3. don't accelerate so hard
4. injectors are clogged
5. install new plugs
6. put in new plug wires, cap, and roter........I recommend the Mopar Parts
only.
7. flash my computer...again...with the same program 4 degree retard
8. all vehicles ping in the higher altitudes
9. what's a belly pan gasket?
10. oh it's not hurting anything.
11. Hmmmm, that's weird.
12. Nothing from DC yet, Sorry
The dealers in Denver really suck.....totally clueless. Anyone know a good
service department in Denver?
To fix the ping problem my self I installed a MSD 6A ignition, MSD Blaster
SS coil, Mopar performance computer, and I&N Gen II intake. No ping!