Re: My dakota POS! - Long

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@home.com)
Date: Sun Dec 10 2000 - 13:09:47 EST

Well, regarding Warrenty. I bought mine used a year ago, it came only with
the Fidelity extended warrenty, which I checked and it does NOT cover the
Freeze plugs! Also, initially I had it taken to a Garage I know that does
good work. They told me the same thing that the dealer told me afterwards.
Coolant rusted, caused waterpump to leak. Freeze Plug is rusted to where it
needs to be replaced, which requires removal of the Cylinder head, and
should replace all of the freeze plugs because they're somewhat rusted too.
So, both the Garage and dealership told me identical stories.

Oh yeah, to make the situation even worse. My Probe that I said that I had
for 3 years and no problems. Well, when I pulled in front of my house from
church, had smoke coming from under the hood. Popped the hood. It wasn't a
lot, so couldn't tell much, but it might also be coolant related, or maybe
oil related. Couldn't really tell at the moment.. so now BOTH of my cars
are out of commision.. *sigh* guess I might be calling in sick tommorrow
and tuesday until I get my Truck back.

Ken Allgood
97 cc slt 5.2L

> Date: Sat, 09 Dec 2000 11:43:39 -0600