Fuel questions

From: Patrick O'Day (fogbot@home.com)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 01:14:08 EST

With all the pinging complaints and issues over oxygenated fuel, I been
wondering about the gas I'm pumping into my 4.7L Dak.

Does anyone have any information on the difference in the quality of the
different brands of fuel? Is all gasoline pretty much the same or is there
really a difference between the brands.

I think I may get better mileage with Chevron over Arco. I haven't done any
actual test or anything, just seems like the Chevron produces better numbers
on the Daks display. I gotta wonder if power production is affected by
different fuel formulations with equivalent octane ratings.

Patrick