Import vs Domestic @ Tx Motorplex

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Mon Dec 11 2000 - 10:31:32 EST

Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 22:38:53 EST
From: Viper450hpGTS@aol.com
Subject: DML: Import v.s. Domestic at Texas Motorplex today.....

                   Where was the Dakota contingency today at the
Import/Domestic drags today? I expected to see some fellow R/Ters or
Dakota
owners today at Ennis, but not a single R/T showed (Alan S, Dan D??).
There
was one single 2001 4.7L regular cab Dakota Sport with a 5-speed there.
don't know if it had 3.55s or 3.92 rear gearing. His best run I think
was a
15.60@89-90 mph. He also ran a 15.7@88 mph. I wasn't real impressed. It
looked to be BONE stock. Track conditions were terrible. Even guys with
full
slicks couldn't get any traction. Everyone ran a few tenths off their
best
until late in the day when the track dried up. There was a Uni-bodied
Mustand
running low 7's at 190 mph...LMAO.

James
'99 Flame Red RC Dakota R/T
'01 Black 4.7L RC Dakota Sport (5-speed & 3.92 gear) at dealership this
week!

James,
I used to race the I.D. drag wars religiously, but now I boycott them.
I feel I got screwed last the time I went and it made me too mad to go
back.
The track got oiled down and they shut it down for about 1 hour to clean
it up. Then they forgot to turn the track radio back on (FM radio
transmitter) when they resumed. I was in the pits listening and waiting
for them to get started again(not goofing off), but I never heard a
thing. If you weren't standing within earshot of the tower, you wouldn't
have heard anything. One of my competetors asked how I did in the last
round, I said "when???"...."just a few minutes ago, you must have missed
it!".
Ahhhhhhrrrrrggggg!!!!!NO WAY!!!!......"yep" he says, "I almost missed it
too".
One of his buddies alerted him so he could get into the staging lanes at
the last minute. I assume others missed it and we were SO close to the
money rounds.
I went to the tower and complained, but they said tough luck and turned
the track radio back on.
It cost me 45.00 entry fee and I had already won 3 races. I was killing
them so easy, I knew I had a good chance to win again.
So, you will never see me at another grabass ID drag war.
Beating up on ricers is too easy anyway.

Alan S.
Sour grapes?
You bet! The sourest!