Who designed the 4.7L?? here's the truth...

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 12:27:54 EST

Ok folks, I was wrong,and I'm not afraid to admit when I'm wrong, alot of magazines are wrong too! I have been in contact with an engineer from Chrysler who worked on the design team for the 4.7L. I asked the question who did the design, and here's what he said.
I have to leave his email and full name out because he wished not to be identified.

"This is a very touchy subject for me...

The 4.7L engine was designed by CHRYSLER ENGINEERS.
The Germans had nothing to do with it. In fact, every
product that is currently on the market under the
Plymouth/Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep name plates was designed
by Chrysler engineers.

I don't know why people think that Mercedes was doing
engineering on Chrysler products before the merger.
More evidence of the accuracy of the press, I guess.

In fact, almost all of the products that are currently
under development for Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep are being
designed by Chrysler engineers. Other than the upper
management, the Germans haved stayed away from
Detroit.

Mike"

--- WMBARRET@aol.com wrote:
> Mike, I hope you can answer a question for me. In regard to the 4.7L
> engine, Who actually
> designed the engine, Chrysler engineers, or Mercedes
> engineers?? I have read
> a few publications stating Mercedes engineers
> actually designed the engine???
> Thanks for any help you can give.
>
> Matt

Moral of the story for me :), don't believe everything the Magazine editors say!!!

Chrysler did a fine job with the 4.7L!!

Matt Y2K-HEMI
'00 RC 4.7L 5 spd
14.23 @ 94.49