RE: Mercedes-Benz 4.7l V8????

From: Batman (batphreak@whatthefuck.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 16:54:26 EST

I believe the only reason the 4.7 is a hemisphereical head engine is because it is an overhead cam design. This arrangement of the valves forces the combustion chamber to be at least a variation of a hemisphereical design.

-Batman

"Stlaurent Mr Steven <STLAURENTS@mctssa.usmc.mil>" said:

I had talked several time with the engine designer and it is a true
pre-production return of the Hemi motors. The next 4.7 will have a reworked
heads, cam, and intake. Not to forget a new TB.

Steven St.Laurent
Test Engineer
Test Branch, GSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, USMC