Re: RE: Oil Additives

From: bernd@texas.net
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 14:47:21 EST

>From an experience several years ago...Slick50 doesn't work. (It also
can't "stick" to an engine that's been treated with Graphite...hehehe...got
that one right from Slick50.)

As for Duralube, Prolong, Motor-Up, etc., etc., etc..., I've tried them and
they just don't work. No increase in MPG, HP, or overall driveability.

If you want my opinion...save your money and change your oil every 3500 miles
with a reputable oil (Mobil-1 or Castrol is what I recommend) and you'll be
fine.

The ONLY oil additive that i've found that helped the engine in regards to
cooling it down is from ProBlend (Race Formula). We used to use this on my old
Camaro and i've tried it on my Dak as well. 10 degree drop in oil
temperature. (About $12.00 a bottle though)

- Bernd