GOT MY DAKOTA BACK! - bit long

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@home.com)
Date: Thu Dec 14 2000 - 22:55:37 EST

Well folks, got my dak back.. Lemme read off the list here... This is
after my truck has been at the dealer for a WEEK for my coolant leak and
rust..

Water Pump replaced, cooling system "rusted" frum running weak mix of
antifreeze or from straight water (not a chance!). Flushed cooling system
thoroughly, some rust adhered to walls may not have been removed. Flush
system again in 6 months. Cooling system jackets of heater core, block, and
radiator may still have blockage which flush may not have cleared. Safety
check: Front brack disc rotors warped. Recall: Replace brake hose and
install isolator; Replace Serpentine Belt and Tensioner. Oil Change.

Replace all freeze pluts - remove engine and replace all freeze plugs-
$1048.05
seal Pkg-Timing Case cove - 10.38
Plug - 3.20
Plug - 37.80
Plug - 4.80
O-Ring-A/C Suction Line - 3.40
Hose-Water pump bypass - 6.67
T-stat - 13.05
Gasket-Tstat - 3.40
Coolant - 11.40
Belt Labor: 69.87
Belt-Acc Drive - 42.50
AB Tensioner - 112.44
Oil change labor - 10.65
oil filter - 6.83
oil - 10.20

total parts: 266.07
total labor: 1208.44
sublet amount: 10.00
env fee: 109.87
sales tax: 11.98

somewhere in here, I paid $100 deductable for waterpump, it was only thing
covered under warrenty, plus $10 for tow. it was $60, warrenty covered $50.
Fidelity paid a whoping $152 when it's all said and done. What a warrenty!!!
Makes me want to turn around and buy one for my next car!!
________________________
TOTAL AMOUNT: $1606.35

1 - No, DC says they won't do anything because it isn't covered by warrenty
2 - Dealer won't give my district serv rep #, says I need to call DC, say I
did, says they can't do anything
3 - Coolant been checked twice in last year. Weak mix my ass

At this moment I'm deeply disappointed in the way I'm being treated by DC,
and I'm sending some more..umm.. persuasive emails to DC to see if I can get
anything moving... Maybe I'll call wavy TV 10 On Your Side :-) I hate to
say it, but if DC doesn't do anything, this could quite possibly be my first
and last dodge. Not because of the problems it's had, cause I can expect a
few to get thru the production line, we all make mistakes. It's their lack
of customer support. Even the guy at the 1st garage I took it too said
that it was WAY high dollar to fix this, that I should be on the phone with
DC at that very moment because i'm getting ripped. When I get the chance,
I'll scan in the work done as well as post the response that DC has already
given me (seems like a secondary automatic response if you ask me!). Oh
yeah, my dak has been in the shops 3 times in the 1 year i've had it.
That's more than my Probe has been in over the last 3 years, and i've spent
5 times the amount repairing my dak compared to my Probe... but granted,
Dak is ALOT more fun, and looks a lot better too!!! :-)))

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L
73,000 miles
mods: Quick-d intake, gibson side sweep exhaust.