Re: Lift Kit for 96 V-8 4x4 Dak?

From: Walter Felix (walt_felix@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 11:09:08 EST

On a 96 V8 4x4 his choices are.

A body lift, which you can get from a couple of different vendors or
suspension lift. He can get them in 2" & 3" heights. Be aware, on V8
models, he will have to change the fan to either a smaller fan or an
electric fan because the stock one will not clear the lower raditor hose.
Other than that, it's a fairly simple install.

The only manufacturer that make a suspension kit for it is TrailMaster.
It'll run him between $1200-$1500 for the kit if he shops around. It lists
for about $1800. Installation for fairly complexed and will take someone
with decent skill a couple of days to install. I modified one to fit my 88
Dak. I still have the instruction sheet and was planning on scanning it in
and creating a .PDF file of it. E-Mail me after the holidays and I'll send
you a copy.

Walt Felix
88½ Dakota Sport 4x4, 2000 Ram 1500 QuadCab Sport 4x4 and a 67 Barracuda
Coupe 340/4Speed
Walt@Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.Walt-n-Ingrid.COM
http://WWW.MoparsinMotion.COM