prelim results from hypertech PTM (97+)

From: Dave Thede (tnadoman@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 21:23:55 EST

I did some quick 1/4 mile runs with my G-Techo, 1/4 tank of gas, and the
Hypertech PTM. I definately noticed an increase in acceleration in the
3-45000 rpm range. In fact, I can no longer run in 3rd by the time I'm at
the end of the 1/4...tach is at 4500 rpm. Per my dyno run last year, my
horsepower curve maxed at 4000. I now must shift into 4th to keep
accelerating. My time was not all that great, 18.38 at 80.6 mph. I plan on
dynoing the truck in January in Denver and hope to do some runs at Bandimere
on test and tune nights next year. In summary, quicker acceleration in the
mid to high rpm range. Gas mileage from western kansas to denver and back
(about 450 miles) was nearly the same before the Hypertech. I'll be
interested in the dyno numbers and where the horsepower,torque curve will be
in January. I also plan on pulling the hypertech wire harness, attach the
stock harness, reset the computer, and run about 20 miles or so before
re-dynoing for stock conditions.

Dave Thede
1997 Sport+ Flame Red CC V8/5-spd 4x4 3.55
Homemade Ram Air
K&N FIPK clone
Gibson split cat-back
Hypertech PTM