DaimlerChrysler Campaign

From: Mike Styer (dakotamike@netzero.net)
Date: Fri Dec 15 2000 - 23:51:30 EST

I think it's a good idea to campaign DC, but rather than just criticize the
current situation, we can tell them what we want. Offer an alternative and try
to convice them to keep making cars that stimulate our imaginations and remind
us why we like cars so much.

We ARE the customers they are trying to sell, and perhaps the combined numbers
of the DML responding to DC can at least get us a better responce than a form
letter.

I think our own form letter that everyone can access from the main page and
mail or email would be a good means. Send that out for a few weeks and then we
can send them a formal letter, representative of the DML with the signatures to
back it up (a collection of email signatures should be fine). And send that
same letter to some of the automobile magazines. Get our voices heard. We're
the people most likely to buy Chrysler products again. We could spread the
letters to the other Dodge and Chrysler mailing lists and bulletin boards. I'm
sure that some owners of other brands might even help with this. The main
reasons the other brands restyled was to catch up with Dodge. Competition
keeps everyone on their toes.

Just my own humble opinion, but I will gladly help if people really want to do
this.

Mike S.
93 Dak V6 5-speed