NV 231 to NV 242 conversion...

From: Darren Asuncion (dakotaguy1999@yahoo.com)
Date: Sat Dec 16 2000 - 01:08:57 EST

Hi there,

All this talk about transfer cases has got me wondering about the swap from
an NV 231 (part time) transfer case to an NV 242 (part/full time). From my
previous experiences at the dealership I used to work at - I know the
transfer cases will "bolt-up" to the transmissions but I have no idea if
any modifications will need to be done to the driveshafts (the front
driveshaftd are the same length - but the rear?), or the cross member/trans
mount. I do know that you'll need to get a new shift-lever (the part that
bolts to the t-case) because the shift pattern is changed somewhat... Does
anyone know if any mods to the driveline or anything needs to be changed?
I'm considering this swap on both my Dakota and my '94 Jeep...so any input
would be awesome!! Thanks in advance!

Darren Asuncion
fsdaa1@uaf.edu
Fairbanks, AK
'99 Intense Blue CC Sport +, 4x4, 5.2 V8, 44RE auto, 3.55 lsd, 4wheel
ABS