Happy Birthday!

From: Robert Smith (rsmith13@NYCAP.rr.com)
Date: Sun Dec 17 2000 - 14:08:29 EST

   Just wanted to say Happy Birthday to the DAKSY! Got a cupcake (yellow, of
course!) with one candle on it to celebrate one blissful year of ownership
(b. 17 Dec 99). She's had only minor problems over the first 22k miles
(brakes, sigh...but no PING!) & I'm glad I bought 'er!
   I'm also glad I found the DML! You guys/gals are the best! IMHO, other
than the occasional bickering, which happens in all families, everyone is
pretty supportive & helpful to each other, & it was a blast meeting some of
you at Lebanon Valley in Sep.
    I've generally been a lurker & I don't contribute a lot to the
performance end of things, cuz I'm not a hard core racing fan & my 4X4 is
not the ideal 'spanking' machine. Also, the days of getting my cookies from
high velocity motoring are in the past(somehow I got too old...???).
   Anyway, the Daksy, my daughters, Alexa & Sarah, my gf Susan & I would
like to wish each & every one of the DMLers a safe, peaceful & joyous
holiday season! We hope the New Millenium (the real one! lol!) will bring
all of us good luck with our DAKs & lower dino fuel prices!

.

 Bob Smith
2K Dak SY CC Sport +
3.9l; V-6: 4X4