Y2K-HEMI back on the road..

From: WMBARRET@aol.com
Date: Mon Dec 18 2000 - 09:45:56 EST

Finally, after about 5 weeks, I got the new rear in the truck, and I'm back on the road. I did'nt realize how much I love this truck, and how GD fast this thing is. I've been driving an F-150 for 5 weeks, when I stepped into the Dak yesteday afternoon, It was an awesome feeling. Pulling the old rear, and putting the new assembly in was pretty straight forward, no problems. I left the brakes and backing plates assembled, just pulled them to the side, so no bleeding brakes or anything. Took me about 2 hours to prime and paint the new rear, and about 3 hours to install it. I now have a junk 9.25" housing laying around, if anyone needs measurements/dimensions from this old rear let me know, its alot easier to measure when its out of the truck.
If anyone would like the spring perchs, shock hangers, to weld onto another rear (8 3/4, 9") let me know, I'll cut them off for you.
I also installed my CalTrac traction bars while I had everything apart. My first impression from the CalTacs are good. They really lift hard. One thing to note for those of you who are thinking about getting a set of Caltracs, you'll need to take you leaf springs off and have the front bushing pressed out, and the new bushing pressed in. I did'nt realize those bushings were in there that tight!

Matt Y2K-HEMI, on the road again..
'00 RC 4.7L 5spd 3.92 Posi
Custom air intake, Flowmaster cat back, Bosch +4's,
Mike Leach PCM, Hughes Stage I TB, Caltracs, Hoosiers.
14.23 @ 94.49 (before the TB !! )
New 9.25" rear ;)
Coming soon, Hotchkis goodies!!